Monday, August 27

Staying in the lines...

Madeline let me show her how to color today. She never wanted me to help her until today. Usually she just likes to scribble a few marks on the paper and is done. Today she was fascinated by "staying in the lines" and coloring with markers. I demonstrated once... and suddenly that is all she wanted to do.(I think part of her fascination was that she was so excited to color Strawberry Shortcake- her favorite character)

Can you see the concentration on her face? This activity lasted a long time. Now, all she wants to do is color all day. It's fun to watch her take it so seriously....







 The beginning of coloring Strawberry Shortcake's face red....









In the end, Strawberry Shortcake had a red face, red arms, and hair.
She did amazing at staying in the lines though....It's amazing to watch her grow up in front of my eyes.
Sometimes I think that is the best part of staying home with her.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Your comments help us stay strong!