Sunday, August 19

Half Birthdays...

As I was laying in bed trying to convince myself to fall asleep last night, I found myself thinking about the next day- August 19th.

And as I did the math and counted the number of months between February 19th(Madeline was born) and August 19th, I realized that tomorrow was Madeline's half birthday. She would be 3 and a half years old...

....And I thought about how having half birthdays were really important....especially when your child has Cystic Fibrosis. Because life is precious and every half birthday and birthday should be celebrated.

So, this morning Madeline awoke to her usual morning regimen of nebulizers to treat her disease - Cystic Fibrosis. Then, she was greeted by a half-birthday sticky bun lit up with a burning candle. In that moment we celebrated another 6 months of life and good health...and pledged that half birthdays would forever be a cause for celebration in our family....

Happy Half Birthday sweet girl...


Happy Half Birthday to you....




Blowing out the "half" candle...



So happy.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Your comments help us stay strong!