Friday, January 21

Just Majestic.

A much need girl's night happened last night. It was a breath of fresh air and a way to regroup from the mommy duties. We sipped our Hemingway Daiquiri's and indulged in great conversation and comforting food.

The majestic cafe is located in downtown Alexandria,VA near the outskirts of DC. It's known for their "good ole American" cooking. The catch is that they make everything from scratch and claim the only thing not made fresh is the butter. The ingredients are delivered fresh from local farmers.



Majestic

It was one of those few meals that you just savor because you know how incredible it is. The food really melts in your mouth.

We both started with daiquiris made from a splash of  white run, fresh grapefruit, fresh lime and few other undisclosed ingredients. Of course it was not your "typical daiquiri" mix out of the can. Fresh sneezed juice from the fruit itself  made our cocktails $10.00 a piece. So worth the extra dollars spent.

Never had I had fried green tomatoes and it seemed like the prefect night to indulge. I always loved the movie. Could they really be THAT good?!


Amazing looking and tasting!
 Yes, I can now add fried green tomatoes to my favorites list.  They were sooo good.

It was an amazing night with a great friend. We both left with stuffed bellies full of entrees, coffee, and even dessert. This night helped replenish my soul and allowed me to come back home feeling like a refreshed mom and wife. I couldn't be more thankful that my husband encourages me to take this time for myself andI am grateful that I have a great friend to do it with!

 

4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous I need to take a night out!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks DELICIOUS! Glad you got the chance to have some relaxing 'you' time.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got to enjoy a moms day out! We all need that once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Your comments help us stay strong!