Tuesday, May 1

RIP SmartVest

The truth is that is always a nightmare in our society  if our cell phones , ipods,or  iphones die . But what if the ONE device that helps move mucous out of your lungs so you can breathe .....DIES!!!

Madeline uses this Vest twice a day for just under an hour. The SmartVest shakes your chest raipidly and helps maintain a healthy lifestyle for people with Cystic Fibrosis.

A few days ago it just stopped working. Little air was inflating into her vest. It was not capable of shaking her lungs the way she needed. And this is when her mom and dad went into panic mode...


But lucky for us, the company (SmartVest) overnighted a new system to us. I practically barrelled the ups guy over as he made his way up our lawn. I never thought I would be so happy to see a medical device like this....




It also became a reminder that Madeline and others with CF have to constantly rely on VEST machines, nebulizers, compressors, and a slew of medicines to keep themselves somewhat "healthy." And sometimes, those things even aren't always enough.

Hopefully some day our children won't need all these medicines, devices, and equipment.
Hopefully, one day there WILL be a cure. I look forward to THAT day.

On another note, please watch (or set your DVR) "65 Red Roses" on the OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) on Thursday, May 3rd at 9pm. This is a documentary about Eva Markvoort who battles Cystic Fibrosis. It's an amazing film about an amazing girl.


If you haven't signed up to walk with us on May 20th at the "Great Strides walk" for Cystic Fibrosis it isn't too late. If you can't walk ...you can always donate.  To walk or donate click --------->here.
Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Your article is accurate and I benefit. I have read many articles, but I found a lot of ideas in this article.Read more about the surprising profile of idle clicker gamers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment.
    I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often Get Free Robux

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Your comments help us stay strong!